We are now expecting to return to some kind of normality, following the Covid restrictions being lifted. However we will be retaining some safe practices at St Mary’s.
- we no longer need to book in
- we continue to check in with our name and contact details (you can use track and trace if you prefer. The QR Code is displayed in church)
- we continue to sanitise our hands on entry, exit and before receiving communion
- we continue to socially distance with a 1metre gap, when standing and seated
- we continue to wear masks
- we will sing songs with our masks on (if you do choose to sing, we ask you ensure that there is no one directly in front of you)
- we will continue offering Communion in one kind only
- we will continue to encourage everyone to respect the needs of others, with regard to mask wearing, distancing and physical contact
- we will reserve the back rows for those who want to keep their distance
- we will work at increasing our digital presence
- we will still offer prayer after the service (socially distanced in the choir pews)
- we won’t be serving tea and coffee for now but encourage people to catch up outside
We have recently changed our service patterns at St. Mary's every month, which we hope will meet the needs of all those who worship at our church.
More information about the individual services is given below the table
St. MARY'S CHURCH SERVICES
Every 1st, 2nd, 3rd and *4th Sunday morning
Every *1st, 2nd and 4th Sunday morning
|10.30 am|| |
Every 5th Sunday morning
Every Tuesday afternoon during term time
| || |
*Special 1st or 4th Sunday in the month
Sunday 9.00 am Holy Communion (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sunday) - This is a traditional service with the organ and a robed choir and follows one of the patterns of worship in Common Worship. However on the 3rd Sunday the Book of Common Prayer (1662) is used. There is a crèche at the back of church for young children.
Sunday 10.30 am Morning Worship (1st, 2nd, and 4th Sunday)- This is a more informal and relaxed service designed for those who find the traditional services more difficult. More contemporary hymns and songs are sung, with the help of our music group. The service aims to be inclusive for all ages and there is also a supervised crèche for very young children.
There is a children's and young people's church which takes place in the Family Centre during this service (see Groups- Children for more information)
Sunday 10.30 am (Every 3rd Sunday) Morning Worship with Holy Communion - This is similar to Morning Worship but includes Holy Communion
Sunday 10.30 am (5th Sunday) Joint Holy Communion - The two congregations come together for a joint Holy Communion Service
Tots Service 2.00 pm (Tuesday , during term time) - This is a short toddler-centred time in church with story and songs and then meet together in the Family Centre for activities, toys and refreshments.
A warm welcome awaits you at St Mary 's Church to whichever service you come to.
Page was last altered on 6 August 2021